Before you begin
There are no prerequisites for this course.
Delivery Method: Self-paced
Course Duration: 1.5 hours
Postgraduates will need to pay £5 to DD&T reception, 4 East South to attend a workshop.
What you will learn
Windows 10 is the new version of the Windows operating system that you can request for your University computer. This is a self-paced course and a tutor will be on hand to help. You will learn how to:
- understand Windows 10 including windows and menus
- customise the Windows 10 desktop
- use the Start menu and task bar to open and manage programs
- search for files and programs
- use Task View to manage your windows
- use the Software Center to install any new software you need
- use File Explorer to navigate your computer's drives, folders and files
- work with folders
- use the Windows Clipboard
- set the default printer
- use the Edge browser
Access the material
You can access our self service Windows 10 course via Moodle. Any member of staff or postgraduate student can access these and learn at their own pace. You will need your University username and password to access them.
Contact us for a workshop
If you would like to work through the course with a tutor, the following workshops are available for you to book onto:
Book your place
To book your place:
- Go to the Employee Self Service booking page
- Select the date you wish to book
- Enter any optional personal objectives you wish to achieve
- Select "Save"
Course dates and times
- Friday 18 October, 10:15 to 11:45am