Before you begin
You should have a basic familiarity with using a computer and the Windows environment.
Delivery Method: Tutor led
Course Duration: 2 hours
Postgraduates will need to pay £10 to DD&T reception, 4 East South.
What you will learn
Microsoft Word is a word-processing application which you can use to create documents. This course is taught through a mixture of demonstration and hands-on practice. You will learn how to:
- change page size and orientation
- insert page breaks and page numbers
- add columns to your text
- format text and paragraphs
- use bullet points and numbering
- create and format tables
- use Find and Replace, and AutoCorrect
What other learners have said about this course
"Thank you for this course. I found it really useful and it helped me to improve my materials on Word and also saved me time."
"The course was very helpful, very useful aspects were covered and the notes are easy to understand."
"Great course for a refresher."
Book your place
To book your place:
- Go to the Employee Self Service booking page
- Select the date you wish to book
- Enter any optional personal objectives you wish to achieve
- Select "Save"
Course dates and times
If none of these dates are suitable (or there are no dates), contact the IT Training team (firstname.lastname@example.org) to arrange a session.