Before you begin
You should have a basic familiarity with using a computer and the Windows environment.
Delivery Method: Tutor led
Course Duration: 2 hours
Postgraduates will need to pay £10 to Computing Services reception, 4 East South.
What you will learn
Microsoft Word is a word-processing application which you can use to create documents. This course is taught through a mixture of demonstration and hands-on practice. You will learn how to:
- change page size and orientation
- insert page breaks and page numbers
- add columns to your text
- format text and paragraphs
- use bullet points and numbering
- create and format tables
- use Find and Replace, and AutoCorrect
What other learners have said about this course
"Thank you for this course. I found it really useful and it helped me to improve my materials on Word and also saved me time."
"The course was very helpful, very useful aspects were covered and the notes are easy to understand."
Book your place
To book your place:
- Go to the Employee Self Service booking page
- Select the date you wish to book
- Enter any optional personal objectives you wish to achieve
- Select "Save"
Course dates and times
- Thursday 18 July, 10:15am to 12:15pm
Find a related course
Computer and online basics qualification
Excel - Get started with spreadsheets
PowerPoint - Get started with making presentations
Word - Manage dissertations and long documents
Word - Use mail merge to populate a template document or email