Before you begin
You should have a basic familiarity with using a computer and the Windows environment. You should have good experience of using Word. If this is not the case we recommend you take our Word - Format your documents course.
Delivery Method: Tutor led
Course Duration: 3 hours
Postgraduates will need to pay £10 to Computing Services reception, 4 East South.
What you will learn
Microsoft Word is a word-processing application which you can use to create documents. This course is taught through a mixture of demonstration and hands-on practice. You will learn how to:
- create, manage and apply styles to text
- understand and use Footnotes and Endnotes for your referencing
- structure your document into sections, for example an abstract, introduction and methods section
- create and manage page Headers and Footers
- create and control automatic Tables of Contents, Tables of Figures and Indexes
- manage your document using Outline View
Book your place
A course will need a minimum of 2 attendees to run. Choose a course:
If you are unable to attend the above advertised date(s), please email us to enquire about future opportunities and to be put on the waiting list.
Find a related course
Computer and online basics qualification
Excel - Get started with spreadsheets
PowerPoint - Get started with making presentations
Word - Format your documents
Word - Use mail merge to populate a template document or email