Before you begin
You should have a basic familiarity with using a computer and the Windows environment. You should have good experience of using Word. If this is not the case we recommend you take our Word - Format your documents course.
Delivery Method: Tutor led
Course Duration: 3 hours
Postgraduates will need to pay £10 to DD&T reception, 4 East South.
What you will learn
Microsoft Word is a word-processing application which you can use to create documents. This course is taught through a mixture of demonstration and hands-on practice. You will learn how to:
- create, manage and apply styles to text
- understand and use Footnotes and Endnotes for your referencing
- structure your document into sections, for example an abstract, introduction and methods section
- create and manage page Headers and Footers
- create and control automatic Tables of Contents, Tables of Figures and Indexes
- manage your document using Outline View
What others have said about this course
"The course was very good and has provided me with lots of time saving techniques."
Book your place
To book your place:
Please contact the IT Training team (firstname.lastname@example.org) to arrange a session.