Before you begin
You should have familiarity with using a computer and the Windows environment. You should have good experience of using Word, including creating tables. If this is not the case we recommend you take either of our Word - Format your documents or Computer and online basics qualification courses.
Delivery Method: Tutor led
Course Duration: 3 hours
Postgraduates will need to pay £10 to Computing Services reception, 4 East South.
What you will learn
Microsoft Word is a word-processing application which you can use to write and edit text. This course is taught through a mixture of demonstration and hands-on practice. You will learn how to:
- create a data source for the mail merge
- insert Word fields into a mail merge document
- merge the data source with a Word document to make multiple bespoke documents
- merge an Excel spreadsheet with a Word document
- specify criteria for what to merge
- sort and filter mail merge results
- create labels using mail merge
What other learners have said about this course
"Very helpful - really appreciated trainer's approach."
Book your place
A course will need a minimum of 2 attendees to run. Choose a course:
- Tuesday 18 September 2018, 9:15am to 12:15pm
- Wednesday 10 October 2018, 9:15am to 12:15pm
- Monday 19 November 2018, 9:15am to 12:15pm
If you are unable to attend the above advertised date(s), please email us to enquire about future opportunities and to be put on the waiting list.
Find a related course
Computer and online basics qualification
Excel - Get started with spreadsheets
PowerPoint - Get started with making presentations
Word - Format your documents
Word - Manage dissertations and long documents