Due to the ongoing impact of COVID-19, information about courses starting in the 2021/22 academic year may be subject to change. We continue to improve your teaching and learning experience so you gain skills and understanding which are valuable to you and sought after by employers.
Before you apply for a course, please check the website for the most recently published course detail. If you apply to the University of Bath, you will be advised of any significant changes to the advertised programme, in accordance with our Terms and Conditions.
We understand that you will want to know more about the shape of the next academic year (2021-22). We have been working hard and planning for different scenarios, in order to be able to welcome you to the University of Bath at the start of semester.
Occasionally we make changes to our programmes in response to, for example, feedback from students, developments in research and the field of studies, and the requirements of accrediting bodies. You will be advised of any significant changes to the advertised programme, in accordance with our Terms and Conditions.
The MA in International Higher Education Management is a blend of online and face-to-face learning. It combines two residentials in Bath with online learning and assessment.
Compulsory course units
These compulsory units are currently being studied by our students, or are proposed new units.
A consulting project based on a problem in your own institution or another international higher education context. Taking place over the last six months of the course, you’ll receive plenty of academic support and practical research guidance.
You will also choose one of these units:
As well as being recognised as a higher academic qualification, a number of our degrees are also accredited by professional bodies in the United Kingdom. An accredited degree may entitle you to work in a specific profession within the UK, and abroad (where there are reciprocating arrangements with professional bodies in other countries).
The requirements to practise a profession vary from country to country. If you wish to practise your profession outside the United Kingdom, you are advised to confirm that the UK professional qualification you seek is valid in the country in which you are intending to work.
A satisfactory record of extended and responsible work experience in a relevant role in higher education.
At least one of:
- a first or second class honours degree, or international equivalent, awarded by an approved institution
- a relevant postgraduate diploma or postgraduate certificate awarded by an approved institution
We will also require a strong GMAT score from:
- candidates who do not have a degree, but have ten or more years' experience working in higher education, including some at a managerial level
- candidates who do not have five years' experience working in higher education, but have strong academic qualifications and other relevant experience
Students whose first language is not English must have:
- an International English Language Test System (IELTS) score of at least 7.0 overall. Your scores for reading, writing, listening and speaking must be at least 6.5
If you would like to discuss the entry requirements, please contact Dr Dan Davies (firstname.lastname@example.org).
How to pay
Tuition fee loans
If you are studying a postgraduate course, you may be able to take out a loan for your tuition fees and living costs.Read more about tuition fee loans
Scholarships and bursaries
You can apply for a scholarship to support your studies. It will cover up to 40% of your total course fees.
You'll need to submit a statement no more than 500 words. A panel of faculty members will consider your application based on:
- the potential contributions you will make to higher education management practice at your institution through the course
- your financial need or other circumstances that might prevent you from taking part
- partnerships you or your institution have with the University of Bath or the School of Management. This includes international activities
You must complete the scholarship form alongside your MA IHEM application. The deadline for applications is 21 February 2022.Submit your scholarship application
Other payment options
You can pay your tuition fees by Direct Debit, debit card, credit card or bank transfer. You may also be eligible for a student loan to help you pay your fees.Read more about your payment options
You may need to pay extra costs for your course. These can cover things like:
- travel, accommodation and food
- textbooks and stationery
- software not currently licensed by the University
- printing and binding of your dissertation
- graduation gown hire
Course titleInternational Higher Education Management
Mode of studyPart-time, online
LocationUniversity of Bath
Claverton Down, Bath BA2 7AY
Home application deadline28 February 2022
We recommend you apply early as we may close applications before the deadline if a course is full.
Overseas application deadline28 February 2022
We recommend you apply early as we may close applications before the deadline if a course is full. We may consider late applications but if you need a Student Visa to study in the UK, you will need time to apply for and receive your visa to be in the UK by the start of the course.
Application eligibilityHome and Overseas students are eligible to apply