There is a greater focus on Knowledge Exchange and how we can engage with non-academic organisations to share our research and teaching and generate impact. Whilst we do a lot of this activity already, there is a new initiative which helps Social Scientists to consider impact at scale, e.g. how could you expand your work with one organisation to many.
Aspect (A Social sciences Platform for Entrepreneurship, Commercialisation and Transformation) is a network for organisations looking to make the most of commercial and business opportunities from social sciences research. This includes considering the most appropriate way to expand the reach of your research; it is not just about creating companies or social enterprises.
Aspect seeks to:
- raise the profile and significance of “commercialising” social sciences research
- build engagement between academics, business and industry
- inspire and encourage social sciences “commercialisation”
- grow capacity & expertise in social sciences research “commercialisation”
- develop, share and exchange knowledge and good practice
The University of Bath recently became an associate member of Aspect which means that academics and professional services can engage with the various communities of practise, join collaborative projects and access funding opportunities.
This session will be an opportunity to find out more about Aspect and how to get involved. There will be a presentation from the Aspect team followed by a question and answer session. The Head of Knowledge Exchange will introduce the session and provide a brief overview of Knowledge Exchange in the Faculty.