The Future Fuels Hydrogen beacon is a new initiative to build multi-disciplinary partnerships across the University and beyond to address the innovative opportunities and challenges to deploy hydrogen as a new green fuel source.
The Beacons are focussed on addressing major challenges through large consortia building for large scale-funding bids.
This introduction and capability mapping workshop contributes to the discussions around 3 main areas:
- Beacon vision
- 14.00-14.10: Arrival and registration
- 14.10-14.30: Welcome, introduction and scene setting (Professor Tim Mays)
- 14.30-14.40: Sit down and introductions (Dr Chloe Turner, Research and Innovation Services)
- 14.40-14.55: Session 1 – Technical challenges and cross cutting challenges
- 14.55-15.05: Plenary feedback - Identify themes
- 15.05-15.15: Comfort break
- 15.15-15.40: Session 2 - How does your research align to challenges in this area and what capabilities do you currently bring?
- 15.40-15.50: Plenary feedback and open floor
- 15.50-16.00: Round up and next steps (Professor Tim Mays)
- 16.00 Close
Attendees asked to speak to someone new and rotate every 5 mins. You will need to pose a specific question, e.g. why are you interested in this Beacon?
The room will be set up in accordance with the safety procedures as prescribed by the University of Bath’s H&S estates team. Room capacity will be limited. Hand sanitiser will be available throughout.
The meeting is scheduled to be held in-person on campus. Please register for the event if you would like to attend.
If you are unable to attend but are interested to contribute to future discussions regarding the development of this Beacon then please register your interest through the above link and complete the sections but select ‘Unable to attend’.