Dean of the School, Professor Stephen Brammer, warmly welcomes you to what we hope you will find an informative panel and networking event, as we hear from current PhD students, staff and alumni, and learn about new ways to keep in touch with the School going forward.
Your School of Management today: the latest research, rankings and news from Dean Stephen Brammer and the team
- Professor Stephen Brammer, Dean of the School of Management
- Professor Rajani Naidoo, Professor and Head of the Race Equality Taskforce
- Professor Andrew Brown, Professor and Associate Dean - Research
- Professor Mairi Maclean, Professor and Associate Dean
Your School of Management community today: students and alumni share their stories
Current PhD students:
- Insa Wemheuer
- Ollie Thomasson
- Juliette Engelhart
- Shereen Nassar, Global Director of Logistics Studies, Director of MSc Logistics and Supply Chain Management Suite, Edinburgh Business School, Heriot-Watt University Dubai
- Helen Walker, Professor of Operations and Supply Management, Cardiff Business School
- Dr. Abdullah Al-Ghazali, Head of Business Studies Department at the University of Technology and Applied Science, Oman.
- Dr. Elisa B. Schweiger, Assistant Professor (Lecturer) in Marketing Analytics, King’s Business School, London
The next step: academia vs industry
Debate the pros and cons of a career in Industry Vs one in Academia as we explore perspectives from experienced academics, and those who have ventured into different industry sectors.
- Professor Jens Roehrich, Professor, University of Bath
- Dr Stefanie Gustafsson, Senior Lecturer, University of Bath
- Dr Anastasia Petraki, Head of Policy Research at Schroders Investment Management (graduated from the PhD programme in 2012)
- Ridzuan Kushair, Public Sector Practitioner and Academic, Ministry of Human Resources, Malaysia
The final 12 months: strategies to finish a PhD
Advice, hints and tips on self-care, staying motivated and juggling your academic commitments from those who have been through it.
- Dr. Varala Maraj, Lecturer (Assistant Professor) in Marketing, University of Bath
- Dr Jas Kalra, Research Fellow in Supply Chain Integration and Business Models, University College London
- Dr Brit Davidson, Lecturer (Assistant Professor) in Analytics, University of Bath
- Dr Meriem Bouazzaoui, Lecturer, University of Bath
The next step: developing your career in academia: UK vs international
Advice for the early stages of an academic career in the UK and Europe
- Professor Miriam Wilhelm, Professor of Global Supply Chain Management, University of Groningen, the Netherlands
- Professor Christoph Bode, The Endowed Chair of Procurement, University of Mannheim, Germany
- Dr Veronica Villena, Assistant professor of supply chain and information systems, Smeal Business School at Pennsylvania State University, USA
- Professor Brian Squire, Professor and Deputy Dean of the University of Bath, School of Management, UK