British Applied Mathematics Colloquium 2019
A three-day conference in April 2019, bringing together the UK applied mathematics community to discuss recent advances within the field.
Bringing together over 300 students, early career researchers and established academic staff, the conference is an excellent opportunity for you to hear and present the latest ideas in modern applied mathematics.
The BAMC programme will contain all the traditional activities, not least many and varied networking opportunities.
- Professor Julia Gog, University of Cambridge.
- Professor Raymond Goldstein, University of Cambridge.
- Professor Thomas Hou (presenter of the IMA Lighthill Lecture), California Institute of Technology.
- Professor Richard Kerswell (presenter of the Stewartson Memorial Lecture), University of Cambridge.
- Professor Beatrice Pelloni, Heriot-Watt University.
- Dr Emily Shuckburgh, British Antarctic Survey.
As per tradition, the name of the speaker after the conference banquet is a closely guarded secret.
- Environmental and bioscience
- Fluid and solid mechanics
- Inverse problems
- Networks and collective behaviour
- Nonlinear waves
- Machine learning and differential equations
- Materials science
- Mathematical biology
- Mathematics in industry, across and beyond Europe
- Public engagement
- Statistical applied mathematics
- Deadline for plenary talks and poster abstract: Friday 1 February 2019
- Registration opens: Monday 14 January 2019
Save on conference registration fees by booking early!
Early Bird registration fee, available until Friday 1 March 2019:
- Academics and business representatives: £250
- Discounted price for doctoral students: £150
Regular registration fee:
- Academics and business representatives: £300
- Discounted price for doctoral students: £200
Conference registration closes: Friday 29 March 2019
Travel and accommodation
There is a variety of accommodation in the City of Bath to suit all budgets. Download our list of suggested places to stay. Alternatively, the Visit Bath website has a comprehensive list of accommodation in the city and the surrounding area.