The University of Bath is undertaking a programme of work to enhance research culture at the University, funded by Research England. As part of this work, we are running a series of online World Café workshops to hear from colleagues across the University. More on this.
Through the workshops, we invite you to share your experiences of research culture and your visions for improving it. We are keen to hear different perspectives from a wide range of voices across the University research community.
We welcome anyone who is involved in research at the University to join us to discuss:
- the challenges posed by our current research culture
- reflect on what a better culture would look like
- proposed solutions for changing the system
Ideas shared in these discussions will feed directly into ongoing work to improve the University's research culture.
The workshops will be based on the Wellcome Trust Reimagine Research Culture toolkit and will be facilitated by external facilitators.
Our conversations will take place in small, facilitated Zoom breakout groups and contributions will be captured in simple and anonymous ways via tools such as Padlet and Mentimeter. Participant information will not be disclosed.
We are holding eight workshops on a selection of dates. You only need to attend one of them but please register for a date which is appropriate for your work area as follows:
- Faculty of Humanities & Social Sciences: Friday 29 April, 10.30 - 12.30
- Faculty of Science: Thursday 5 May, 9.30 - 11.30
- Faculty of Engineering & Design: Friday 6 May , 13.30 - 15.30
- School of Management: Monday 16 May, 13.30 - 15.30
- Professional Services Staff who support research: Thursday 19 May, 13.30 - 15.30
- Research & Knowledge Exchange Committee: Friday 20 May, 9.30 - 11.30
- Early Career Researchers: Monday 23 May, 13.30 - 15.30
- Additional Workshop (for whom the above dates do not suit): Thursday 26 May, 13.30 - 15.30
If you have any questions on these workshops, please email Jane Hands, Research Culture Project Support Officer: firstname.lastname@example.org
The workshops will be facilitated by Caroline Broad, Dr Chris Russell and Daniela Bultoc, three experienced facilitators representing Broad Associates Ltd., who, between them, have worked within the UK research landscape for over 45 years.
Ahead of the Café, you may find it helpful to: