This is a workshop for parents of children with Developmental Language Disorder (DLD), previously known as Specific Language Impairment. We invite any parent of a child or adolescent affected by DLD to sign up and attend.
What will parents gain from the day?
- learn how speech and language therapy can help
- find out how schools can provide support
- ask a solicitor questions about getting the right support
- learn about how to best raise awareness of DLD by discussing success with Autism
- parents can sign up for latest news about new initiatives, research projects and similar events
The workshop is being run by University of Bath lecturer Dr Michelle St Clair, PhD research candidate studying DLD Vanessa Lloyd-Esenkaya, and Dr Yvonne Wren, leading Speech Language Therapist in the South West of England.
On the day
Lunch and tea/coffee will be provided.
Registration with tea/coffee is at 9.30am and the event will start at 10.00am