With the increase in connected devices and advancements in image and speech recognition being introduced daily, AI and big data are becoming a major disruptive force in an increasingly wide range of industries from healthcare through to the automotive sector, to retail and security. The opportunities and challenges emerging from these phenomena impact us all and are both complex and immense.
This joint event with Institute of Directors (IoD) and the University's Executive Education brings together leading experts from the worlds of science, technology, mathematics and business to debate what it really means for the way business will operate in the future, and what we need to do now to gear up for the changes it represents.
The evening agenda consists of:
- 6.30pm Welcome from Dr Jan Stiles, Director of Executive Education, University of Bath
- 6.35pm Welcome from David Stringer-Lamarre, Chairman of IoD Region
- 6.40pm Panel Session chaired by David Gordon, Chairman of IoD Central London, Professor Jonathan Dawes, University of Bath, Professor David Galbreath, University of Bath and Merje Shaw, Managing Director of Path 59
- 7.40pm Q&A
- 7.50pm Closing remarks, David Gordon, Chairman of IoD Central London
- 7.55pm Networking reception
- 9.00pm Event ends
Timings and speakers subject to change.
There is disabled access to the building and facilities at 83 Pall Mall. Visit DisabledGo for detailed information.