Excel: Pivot tables (December)
This workshop is for experienced Excel users who wish to learn the most important features of PivotTables
About the workshop
This course is for experienced Excel users who wish to learn the most important features of PivotTables. Using a PivotTable will allow you to change a large quantity of data into more manageable sections. After a brief introduction from one of our tutors, you will work through a set of examples and exercises which allow you to learn and practice the most common features of PivotTables.
After completing this course, you will be able to:
- create a PivotTable
- filter the data in a PivotTable report
- switch fields around and apply formatting to a PivotTable
- insert a Slicer and a Timeline filter
- hide and show grand totals and subtotals in a PivotTable report
- show values in a PivotTable as a percentage of total
- find the difference between specific values in a PivotTable
- group fields in a PivotTable
- create a running total in a PivotTable
- create calculated fields in a PivotTable report
- create custom names for PivotTable fields
- change PivotTable options
- sort values in a PivotTable
- create and edit a PivotChart
Booking a place
Booking a place commits you to attending the session.
If subsequently you find you are unable to attend, please cancel your place in plenty of time to allow another student to book a place. Non-attendance costs the Doctoral College. We may pass this charge on to departments if we consider appropriate.