The launch event will feature a keynote speech by Sir Tim Smit KBE, co-founder of The Eden Project, a showcase of the Alliance’s diverse portfolio of climate research and innovation, and panel discussion.
The GW4 Climate Alliance is a platform uniting GW4 climate expertise to deliver world-leading climate science, help shape policy and contribute to positive and equitable social change. The launch is part of our commitment to connecting practitioners, industry, policy makers, researchers, and the public, and to support the climate research leaders of the present and future.
Are you an Early Career Researcher (ECR) working in Climate research? Would you like to present your research at our launch on 20 October 2021?
ECR showcase at launch
Format and audience
Four ECR showcase presentations are being featured as part of the official launch programme.
- ECRs at all stages (doctoral, immediately postdoctorate, and transition to independent researcher) are invited to apply
- presentations are expected to last 3-5 minutes each and will be pre-recorded
- the audience will include GW4 climate researchers and external stakeholders (industry, policymakers, interested members of the public)
Presentations need to be accessible to non-academic audiences.
Your presentation should communicate your research, using creative and interesting ways to engage the audience in your work. This could include using interactive methods or featuring audio-visual materials, images, or even exhibition pieces. Presentations could be made in novel ways, e.g., using photography, poetry or animated short films, or using informal formats, such as a Zoom conversation between project members.
Ideally, presentations will showcase collaborative research involving two or more GW4 universities.
Process for submitting a presentation proposal
- you are invited to submit an expression of interest, briefly summarising your idea and the approach you will take to communicating your research
- please submit your presentation idea to email@example.com by 8 September 2021
- final presentation recordings will need to be completed by 6 October 2021
- subject to your approval, we may use submissions as part of our pre-Launch and COP26 communications