HPC Symposium 2019
This symposium brings together current and prospective members of the High-Performance Computing community to network and establish new collaborations.
The University of Bath's 8th annual HPC Symposium will take place on Thursday 6 June 2019 in 3 West North 2.1.
The symposium aims to showcase the broad range of HPC-enabled research being carried out at Bath, and to provide an informal opportunity for current and prospective users of the University's Balena HPC facility to network and establish new collaborations.
We will be arranging a varied lineup of keynote lectures from technology and applications experts alongside contributed talks, posters and "flash" presentations by current Balena users.
- 1 April: Registration and abstract submission opens
- 17 May: Abstract submission deadline
- 28 May: Registration Deadline
- 6 June: Symposium
Submissions are invited from current and prospective HPC users in all disciplines. The symposium will have two kinds of contributions:
- Contributed talks: 15 min (12 + 3 mins questions) presentations
- Posters: A poster plus accompanying "flash" presentation introducing the problem and the work being presented (3 mins with Poster+1 optional slide)
We particularly welcome submissions from graduate students, and the HPC symposium is a great opportunity to present in an informal and friendly setting.
Details on how to submit an abstract will be made available in April.
At the end of the Symposium the Prize Committee will be awarding two prizes for the best contributions to the Symposium. Further detail will be posted in due course.
Scientific Organising Committee
- Dr Gaël Donval, Dept. of Chemical Engineering
- Dr Ji Wu, Dept. of Chemistry
- Dr Steven Chapman, Computing Services
Local organising committee
- Steven Chapman, Computing Services
- Roshan Mathew, Computing Services
- James Grant, Computing Services