Humanities & Social Sciences postgraduate research showcase 2017
Join us for the fourth annual postgraduate research showcase and explore student research projects taking place across the Faculty.
Join us for our fourth annual postgraduate research showcase and explore student research projects taking place across the Faculty of Humanities & Social Sciences.
During the Showcase students will be discussing their research with the judges, as well as with academic staff and fellow students. The judging panel will identify the winners in each category and the prizes will be awarded during the Research Showcase Event.
Judging and prizes
An introduction to the Showcase will be given by Professor David Galbreath, Dean, Faculty of Humanities and Social Sciences.
The judging panel will be:
- Dr Ed Keogh, Associate Dean (Graduate Studies), Faculty of Humanities and Social Sciences
- Dr Neil Bannister, Graduate Development & Centre Manager, Learning & Teaching Enhancement Office
Prizes will be awarded by Professor Jonathan Knight, Pro-Vice-Chancellor (Research).
If you are a PhD student (either pre- or post-confirmation) or an HSS Professional Doctorate student and would like to present your research at this event please submit your entry online via Moodle.
PhD Pre-Confirmation Students’ Award
- Shifting Perceptions of Cultured Meat (Christopher Bryant)
- Mate retention strategies: Comparing United Kingdom and Brazil (Bruna Da Silva Nascimento)
- Can Heart-Rate Variability Predict Post-traumatic Stress Symptoms in Children and How is This Influenced By Parenting? (Katharina Haag)
- (Wo)man of war: A genealogy of women as counterinsurgents (Hannah West)
PhD Post-Confirmation & Professional Doctorate Students’ Awards
- Joint Climate Change and Customs' Union Agreements under Consumers' Taste for Variety (Alaa Al Khourdajie)
- An investigation into experienced English language teachers’ selection and use of grammar teaching techniques: A belief perspective (Anna Csernus)
- Down with the hood? Using social norms to encourage laboratory energy saving (Elaine Gallagher)
- The transition to a residential school: a case study of pupils in one Turkish high school (Margaret L. Halıcıoğlu)
- A preliminary investigation of Taiwanese parent-child attachment across sporting, schooling, and global contexts (Ya-Hsin Lai)
- “I am home” Smart Lamps to support presence in distant parent-adult children (Bhagyashree Patil)
- Development of optimal audio-haptic integration in sighted and non-sighted individuals (Meike Scheller)