Intellectual Property for Research
This workshop will cover how to navigate the IP environment and will highlight opportunities to maximise the impact of your research
Knowledge exchange, commercialisation and collaboration present different pathways to realise impact, and they also present different challenges. The IPO is committed to supporting institutions to make informed decisions about using their IP and to helping researchers to be confident about how IP relates to their research. This workshop explains how to navigate the IP environment and highlight the potential opportunities to maximise the impact of research.
Pippa Hall, Director of Innovation and Chief Economist, Intellectual Property Office
The workshop will cover:
- overview of intellectual property
- background to the Intellectual Property Office (IPO)
- why IP is important to researchers
- copyright, patents, design & trademarks
- commercialisation of IP within research projects
- role of the Technology Transfer Office (TTO) and their support of research projects
- case studies
The workshop is intended for doctoral students and research staff.