Leadership in Action Online is a nine-morning intensive experiential leadership programme designed to provide an opportunity to develop your leadership skills. It prepares early career researchers for leadership in their chosen research field and equips them with the skills to show leadership within the wider community.
Our Vision is for every participant to walk away having had a leadership experience.
Course Director: Dr Jeremy Mead, Resilient Leaders Elements
- 9:30am-12:00pm(Midday) over nine mornings
- Wednesday 23 November – Friday 25 November
- Wednesday 30 November – Friday 2 December
- Wednesday 7 December – Friday 9 December
Attendance at all 9 sessions from 9.30am – 12.00pm (Midday) over the three weeks is mandatory as learning for all participants depends on you being there. Please ensure that you are able to attend all 9 sessions before you apply.
What does the course involve?
- practical, experiential learning, with minimal theoretical input
- an opportunity for all participants to lead a group project
- working with researchers from different disciplines and Universities
- support and feedback on your leadership style from expert coaches
You are not required to have previous or current leadership experience to apply. What you do need is a commitment to learn about yourself, to reflect on and improve on your leadership and to help others do the same.
This Leadership in Action 2022 course will include doctoral students and early career researchers from Cardiff University, University of Bath, University College London, University of Cambridge, University of Nottingham, and University of York.
Six places are available to doctoral students and early career researchers at University of Bath.
Please ensure that you are able to attend all 9 sessions before you apply.
Apply to Leadership in Action 2022.
Deadline for applications is 16.00 30 September 2022.
You will be notified of the outcome of your application by 7 October 2022.
What previous participants have said about the course:
- “What a great range of leadership experiences!”
- “I attended the ‘Leadership In Action’ course expecting to pick up a few tips, the odd insight. I left...with increased confidence, team skills and total satisfaction.”
- “The course is not merely excellent but superlative.”
- “This is a really great course to learn, practice and reflect your leadership skills by engaging in various activities with groups. It is beneficial indeed.”
- "Great course - I highly recommend it to everyone at any stage of their career for both learning what is a leader, and how to improve their leadership skills."