Lunch with impact: how the REF panels assessed impact in 2014
Hear direct from REF2014 panel members about how they assessed REF impact case studies.
- 12:15-12:30 Lunch and networking
- 12:30-13:15 Panel presentations
- 13:15-13:45 Q&A
Location: CB 2.6
Four REF2014 panel members will talk about their roles on the REF2014 panels and how the panels assessed the impact case studies. They will share their thoughts about what makes a good case study and how case study leads can write them to ensure the best possible grades.
- Professor Matt Davidson, Chemistry
- Professor Tim Ibell, Civil and Construction Engineering
- Professor Jane Millar, Social Work and Social Policy
- Professor Andrew Plummer, Aeronautical, Mechanical, Chemical and Manufacturing Engineering
- Professor Chris Budd, Mathematical Sciences
The panel will be chaired by Katy McKen, Head of Research Information and Impact, RIS.
Lunch with Impact Workshops
This event is part of the Lunch with Impact Workshops series, funded by the University’s HEIF and EPSRC Impact Acceleration Account. The series supports staff in identifying, generating and evidencing impact from their research. Sessions are practical in nature, enabling attendees to apply the information, knowledge and tools to their own research.