Turbulence in the world over the past two years has made many professionals question their career direction, work life balance and even purpose in life. Economic commentators have spoken about “the great resignation” and the phenomenon of “corporate escapism”.
Perhaps you dream of a different life less reliant on a traditional career, or maybe you crave some additional income to help fund the increase in the cost of living. Either way, this Skills Series session will give you some eye-opening information on how virtually anyone can develop a side income and monetise their expertise.
We will be joined by Matt Craven, Entrepreneur and Founder of CVIA, who will challenge your thinking on what’s possible. In this one-hour session Matt will talk about:
- Identifying and 'blueprinting' your knowledge, expertise and personal intellectual property
- The different avenues and methods for monetising your expertise
- How to sell your expertise to generate active and passive recurring revenue streams
- The simple technology platforms that support your side income endeavours
- How this feeds into becoming a thought leader to turbo-charge your 'mainstream' career
You have two opportunities to attend this session on Thursday 19 May. It will run live at the following times:
- 12:30-13:30 BST (GMT +01:00) Find out what time this is in your time zone
- 15:00-16:00 BST (GMT +01:00) Find out what time this is in your time zone
Just register once and you will be provided with links to both sessions. You are welcome to attend either session.
To register you will need to provide your ID which will be included in your email invitation. If you have not received an invitation please email email@example.com and request your ID by providing your first name, surname and date of birth.
The Skills Series has been developed for School of Management alumni and is hosted by Katie Calvert-Jones, Head of International Engagement and Alumni. These sessions are designed to be short and useful for our alumni, offering practical knowledge and skills.