Preprints offer a route for disseminating research before formal peer review, which provides advantages but also raises questions. This session aims to demystify preprints, and will cover:
- what is a preprint?
- what are the reasons for publishing a preprint: advantages and issues
- where can you find and publish a preprint and what do different preprint servers provide?
- issues that may arise, for example plagiarism, previous REF requirements and future directions
- Catherine Borwick, Scholarly Communications Librarian
- Karina Bradshaw, Faculty Librarian: Sciences. Subject Librarian: Department of Life Sciences: Biosciences and Department of Physics and Natural Sciences programmes.
- Simon Hayhoe, Reader: Department of Education