Spotlight on Social Sciences 2018
An academic event for local year 11 and 12 students, with workshops taken from the University's prestigious social sciences degree programmes.
This free event is on Thursday 1 February 2018. Registration is at 09:45 and activities will take place from 10:00 until 15:00.
To be eligible to attend, your year 11 and 12 pupils must have achieved (or be predicted) A and B grades in GCSEs including Maths and English. They should also be expected to attain A and B grades at A level (or equivalent), progress to a top university, and be interested in exploring what social sciences degrees involve.
During the day, these students will:
- find out more about our social sciences-related courses
- attend two social science workshops from criminology, education with psychology, international development with economics, politics, psychology, sociology, social policy or social work
- tour the Bath campus
- meet and learn from lecturers and researchers
- chat to current social sciences students
- find out about placements, careers and employability
- learn how to make their UCAS applications stand out
The programme is as follows:
09:45 – arrival and event registration in the East Building
10:15 – welcome talk on 'Social Sciences: making a difference'
11:15 – first subject workshop
12:05 – lunch and University Parade tours
13:15 – second subject workshop
14:15 – closing session on careers, graduate employability, an alumni talk and Q&As
We are offering this event to a number of schools and will accept applications on a ‘first-come, first-served’ basis. Please email us for a booking form.