About the workshop
Society is increasingly aware of the importance of sustainability. Naturally, this growing awareness has implications for financial markets and the way firms are managed. In turn, this opens up several avenues for interesting and potentially impactful research questions around the theme of sustainable finance and governance. How do companies manage their exposure to environmental risk? What are the characteristics of sustainable investments? How can one measure sustainability? These are some of the interesting research questions.
This one-day workshop provides a platform for researchers to connect and exchange ideas on the theme of sustainable finance and governance. The workshop is a unique collaboration across three institutions:
Its aim is to bring together practitioners and academics with diverse backgrounds and discuss issues related, but not limited, to:
- corporate social responsibility and investment
- green finance
- corporate governance and financial decision making
- sustainable assets
- risk management and ESG
- environmental risk and incentives
Submit you paper
Papers for the workshop can be submitted online.
You may present at most one paper, but you can co-author more than one paper in the programme. In addition, each presenting author will discuss another paper.
- Deadline for submission: Sunday 31 January 2021
- Authors will be notified by: Friday 12 February 2021
- Presenting author registration deadline: Friday 12 March 2021
- Workshop date: Monday 17 May 2021
The European Journal of Finance (EJF) will offer a special issue for the workshop. The guest editors for the special issue will be the organisers. Papers submitted for the EJF special issue will be blind reviewed according to standard journal policy. You should submit your work online through the journal’s website.
There is a submission fee of £125.00. Submitted articles should be consistent with the aims and scope of the journal and papers must comply with the format specified in the notes for authors.
The opening date for the special issue will 1 October 2021. Please do not submit for the special issue before that date. The closing date for submissions is 30 November 2021. The call for papers will be sent out to participants after the conference.
You can now view the full programme for this workshop.
Alex Edmans, London Business School
- Stylianos Asimakopoulos, University of Bath, UK
- Ania Zalewska, University of Bath, UK
- Chardin Wese Simen, University of Liverpool, UK
- Andrew Vivian, Loughborough University, UK
- Panagiotis Asimakopoulos, Loughborough University, UK