About the workshop
Society is increasingly aware of the importance of sustainability. Naturally, this growing awareness has implications for financial markets and the way firms are managed. In turn, this opens up several avenues for interesting and potentially impactful research questions around the theme of sustainable finance and governance. How do companies manage their exposure to environmental risk? What are the characteristics of sustainable investments? How can one measure sustainability? These are some of the interesting research questions.
This one-day workshop provides a platform for researchers to connect and exchange ideas on the theme of sustainable finance and governance. The workshop is a unique collaboration across three institutions: University of Bath, University of Liverpool and Loughborough University. Its aim is to bring together practitioners and academics with diverse backgrounds and discuss issues related, but not limited, to:
- corporate social responsibility and investment
- green finance
- corporate governance and financial decision making
- sustainable assets
- risk management and ESG
- environmental risk and incentives
Submit you paper
Papers for the workshop can be submitted online.
You may present at most one paper, but you can co-author more than one paper in the programme. In addition, each presenting author will discuss another paper.
- Deadline for submission: Sunday 21 June 2020
- Authors will be notified by: Thursday 25 June 2020
- Presenting author registration deadline: Sunday 12 July 2020 at midnight (GMT)
Attend the workshop
Registration for the workshop will open on Friday 28 February, 2020 and will close on Tuesday 24 March, 2020.
The programme for this workshop will be available closer to the event.
Alex Edmans, London Business School
This workshop is partially sponsored by the University of Bath, CheckRisk and American College of Greece.
- Stylianos Asimakopoulos, University of Bath, UK
- Chardin Wese Simen, University of Liverpool, UK
- Andrew Vivian, Loughborough University, UK
- Panagiotis Asimakopoulos, Loughborough University, UK