An 80,000-word PhD would normally take nine hours to present. This competition, open to all doctoral students, challenges students to do it in just three minutes using just one PowerPoint slide and no props!
The Three Minute Thesis (3MT®) competition celebrates the exciting research conducted by Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) students. Developed by The University of Queensland (UQ), 3MT® cultivates students’ academic, presentation, and research communication skills, challenging them to effectively explain their research in three minutes, in a language appropriate to a non-specialist audience.
The first 3MT® competition was held at UQ in 2008. Since 2011, the popularity of the competition has increased and 3MT competitions are now held in over 600 universities across more than 65 countries worldwide.
Come along to hear about the innovative research being undertaken by postgraduate research students at the University of Bath.
Doors open at 18:30. The final will commence at 19:00.
3MT® 2022 Finalists
- Joe Knapper, Department of Physics
- Harindi Jayakody, Department of Chemical Engineering
- Hannah Hogarth, Department of Education
- Ozge Koca, Department of Education
- Jessie Hamill-Stewart, Department of Politics, Languages and International Studies
- Taghried Abdelmagid, Department of Architecture and Civil Engineering
- Aida Maaz, Department of Pharmacy and Pharmacology
- Grace Maxted, Department of Electronic and Electrical Engineering