You can benefit from the world-renowned expertise of the award-winning Tobacco Control Research Group based in the beautiful University of Bath.
If you are interested in developing your skills to support the implementation of tobacco control policies in line with the WHO's Framework Convention on Tobacco Control then join us for our week-long masterclass.
You may be from an NGO, research or civil service background, but should have a demonstrable commitment to use the monitoring skills developed in your work.
The course will explain:
- how to rigorously search online materials and other resources
- how to synthesise and publish relevant findings
- how to maximise use by decision-makers, public officials, academics, journalists, and others with a stake in effective tobacco control policy development and implementation
The course combines presentations, practical workshops and peer-supported learning. You will be working alongside, and taught by, a range of regional and global tobacco control experts.
To see the work of training graduates in action visit Tobacco Tactics.
- Access to global tobacco control experts, a peer support group and alumni network
- Enhanced knowledge, skills and confidence
- Enriched understanding of tobacco industry interference tactics
- State-of-the-art media and advocacy training
The course fee is £1,500 per person, with the option of paying £2,100 to include accommodation.
A number of scholarships covering the full cost of the course, plus bursaries to cover accommodation, travel and subsistence are also available to participants from lower middle income countries. Due to demand and limits on funds, there will be a competitive process to allocate these scholarships.
Conflict of interest
Those who have an affiliation with tobacco or next generation product industry (current, previous or have future plans), or their lobbyists, either professionally or on a personal basis, will not be permitted to participate in this course. This includes, but is not limited to, individuals who have ever accepted any sponsorship, grant or any other form of support, whether financial or otherwise, or who has entered into a any form of association with the tobacco or next generation product industry, including but not limited to tobacco companies, manufacturers, distributors, retailers and industry-funded bodies, such as the 'Foundation for a Smoke-Free World'.
Paid registrations of any such persons will not be refunded.