Writing with integrity workshop
In this workshop, you will learn about publishing strategies for doctoral students and early career researchers in the neoliberal university.
The workshop is based on a British Academy sponsored Writing Workshop run in Mexico, September 2018.
In this workshop, you will explore and learn about:
- the global power dynamics of systems for scholarly writing and publication -the challenges of writing within and beyond the scientific world system
- strategies for communicating and publishing our ideas across borders, mainly academic-non-academic and Global North and South
You will also explore these questions:
- How do we position ourselves in relation to dominant structures and cultures of knowledge production?
- How can we stay true to, and communicate, the principles of critical theories and methodologies when publishing in our academic and socio political contexts?
- How do we recognise and expand our resources of hope in our writing within these environments?
- How do we communicate new ideas at and across epistemological and geographic borders?
This workshop is part of the Bristol-Bath Standing Seminar in Critical Theory series sponsored by the South West Doctoral Training Partnership.