Advertising placements to students
What you need to do as an employer to advertise a placement opportunity to our students.
Information we need to advertise a position
Advertising vacancies is free of charge and simple.
Contact us with:
- a full job description including details of the nature of the work and skills required
- a description of your business
- the number of positions available
- what level of supervision and support you will provide
- how you would like students to apply
- salary details
Placements normally start between June and September. Recruitment takes place from September to July.
Once we have the information we need we will:
- advertise the vacancy to the appropriate students
- direct students to your own application process or collate and send applications to you
If possible, you should interview students at your premises. It allows students to experience the work environment and meet staff. We can arrange interviews at the University if necessary.
Avoid scheduling interviews in January and May, as this is when students have exams.
Each faculty has a dedicated placements team: