Apply for IMI senior academic visitor funding
Find out how we support visits from leading national and international researchers.
How we support research visits
The Institute for Mathematical Innovation provides financial support for research visits from leading national and international researchers.
All academic staff at the University can apply for this funding to enable a researcher from another institution to visit the University.
Visits may last anywhere from a week and up six months and should contribute to IMI's mission to develop and apply mathematical sciences research, with a specific focus on:
- economic and societal impact
- supporting interdisciplinary research activities and funding proposals
- generating fundamental insights beyond the mathematical sciences
Workshop funding from IMI
IMI also supports workshops that involve an element of mathematics, statistics or data sciences. Find out more.
Academic visitors are expected to contribute to IMI activities during their visit.
This could include one or more of the following examples of actions:
- developing a research collaboration, including joint funding proposals
- collaborating on a research project
- organising an IMI event (workshop, seminar series or public lecture)
How to apply
- Applications will be considered on a rolling basis throughout the academic year until the available funds are spent
- Please read the application guidelines before you apply
We have a number of application deadlines throughout the academic year:
- Monday 30 September 2019
- Tuesday 19 November 2019
- Friday 21 February 2020
- Friday 27 March 2020
- Friday 5 June 2020
The IMI Research Panel will review your application, and we will let you know if your application was successful within two weeks of the application deadline.