Apply to become a member of Council
Information for prospective external members, who wish to express their interest in becoming a member of the University's Council.
Help to shape the Future of a World-Class University
From it's award-winning campus over-looking a World Heritage City, the University of Bath has established an outstanding national and international reputation for the impact of its academic research and the quality of the student experience it offers.
Vacancies arise periodically for external members of its governing body, the University Council. Members of Council have responsibility for setting future strategy and for oversight of the management of the institution. They are expected to make a positive and enthusiastic contribution to achieving the University's mission and to promote the University's interests in local, national or international arenas.
We would welcome expressions of interest from those who will be able to apply their professional skills and experience to the work of Council. Applications are particularly welcome from women and people from black, Asian and minority ethnic groups. External members of Council are normally appointed for a term of three years.
- Letter from Chair of Council
- Background Information for Prospective Appointed Members of Council
- Appendix 1: Governance Strucure
- Appendix 2: Membership and Terms of Reference of Committees
- Facts and Figures
- University Strategy
- Annual Review and Financial Statements
- Job Specification - Members of Council
- Council Meeting Dates
- Calendar of Meetings
- Undergraduate Prospectus
- Postgraduate Taught and Research Prospectus
- Expression of Interest Form
- Equalities Monitoring Form
If you require access to this information in an alternative format or have any queries regarding membership of Council, contact the Head of Secretariat.