Event dates & timings
The Autumn Careers & Placements Fair 2021 will be held over 4 days in the week commencing Monday 18th October as virtual events, from 11am to 3pm. We will be using the Handshake platform.
What we offer
Due to Covid-19 and the likelihood of social distancing continuing for the coming months, we have made the decision to run this week of events virtually. We are currently installing and then getting to know Handshake's platform ready to invite employers to register to attend.
We expect a wide range of industrial, commercial and public sector employers. Students from all years and degree disciplines will be invited to register for the fair, which will be widely advertised. Please ensure you have appropriate opportunities for the sector day you book onto. They will all be held from 11am to 3pm.
• STEM: Science and IT (Technology) - Monday 18th October
• STEM: Engineering and Design - Tuesday 19th October
No fair on Wednesday 20th October
• Business, Consulting and Finance - Thursday 21st October
• Government, 3rd Sector, Health and Life Sciences - Friday 22nd October.
The fairs are important events in the annual careers programme, and employers find it a useful opportunity to attract high calibre applicants.
Prices available on request.
We also have optional extras:
- We offer sponsorship of the fairs for up to 4 employers each day. The package includes all advertising which covers all 4 days, your logo on the students' webpage for the event, feature on the LCD slide across campus, a social media listing on the University Facebook aswell as Careers Service Twitter and Instagram, and printed posters (if allowed). Price is subject to VAT at 20% and is an option on the Handshake booking.
Bookings close on 13th October at 5pm. Cancellation charges apply – please request or see the booking form.
Who to contact
The University of Bath aims to provide accessible venues for events. If you are a representative at a fair and you have any special support needs, please let us know in advance.
Information for employers attending
Further information about how the virtual week will be delivered and what you need to do to use the platform will be available at a later date.