This scheme enables experienced staff to gain HEA Fellowship from Advance HE in recognition of their teaching, supervision and/or learning support
How the Bath Scheme works
You can apply for HEA Fellowship in one of three categories depending on your role and the range of your teaching, supervision and/or learning support activities:
- Associate Fellow (AFHEA)
- Fellow (FHEA)
- Senior Fellow (SFHEA)
Principal Fellow (PFHEA) is currently not included within The Bath Scheme. You can apply for PFHEA via an individual entry route to Advance HE. For further details and support, please contact Dr Rachael Carkett PFHEA.
To find out if you are eligible to register you can:
- Review the pen portraits and FAQs to give you an idea of the experience and development that is required
- Undertake the diagnostic tool on Moodle
- contact your Bath Scheme Champion
Achieving fellowship gives you:
- recognition of your professional practice in learning and teaching
- evidence you can use for promotion
- an opportunity to benchmark your professional practice against the UK Professional Standards Framework (UKPSF)
Once registered there are a number of support mechanisms in place to help you work towards fellowship.
Experienced staff who have Fellowship assess the applications. If you want to be involved as an assessor in the Bath Scheme, please complete the expression of interest form and return it to the Bath Scheme administrator.