The Virgil Building
University of Bath
- Deliveries must be between 9am and 4pm Monday to Friday, so that we can provide access to our storage area and get assistance with portering.
- We need at least 24 hours notice to ensure that delivery is possible.
- You must use a Transit-type van, not a bigger vehicle.
- Driver should park in one of the loading bays on the forecourt of the Virgil Building, towards the left hand door where there is a ramp, and then report to the main reception.
- See Location directions for the Virgil Building.
- The building is situated between the Manvers Street Baptist Church and the Manvers Street pay-and-display car park, and is opposite the local council's One Stop Shop building.
- See Travel advice to help you plan your journey to Bath. (But do not use information in that section which relates to the the main Claverton Down campus.)
Packaging and labelling
- Maximum box size of approx 21 x 29 x 23 cm and no heavier than 12kg. *
- Clear labelling with large text on the tops and sides of the boxes stating:
- Box 1 of 10, 2 of 10 etc.
- Names and quantities of contents e.g. 20 Engineering, 15 IT, 25 Finance.
- The box weight or a warning if it is heavier than 12kg. *
- Covering letter/delivery note (if you are sending one) with full contents list, sent separately or attached to Box 1 and not inside one of the boxes.
* 12kg is the 'usual practice' bundle weight limit for magazines recommended by the Health & Safety Executive's Printing Industry Advisory Committee.