The Virgil Building
University of Bath
- Deliveries must be between 9am and 4pm Monday to Friday, so that we can provide access to our storage area and get assistance with portering.
- We need at least 24 hours notice to ensure that delivery is possible.
- You must use a Transit-type van, not a bigger vehicle.
- Driver should park in one of the loading bays on the forecourt of the Virgil Building, towards the left hand door where there is a ramp, and then ring us on 01225 386009 to gain access to the building.
- See Location directions for the Virgil Building.
- The building is situated between the Manvers Street Baptist Church and the Manvers Street pay-and-display car park, and is opposite the local council's One Stop Shop building.
- See Travel advice to help you plan your journey to Bath. (But do not use information in that section which relates to the the main Claverton Down campus.)
- We have a small sack trolley which the driver is welcome to borrow. We do not have fork lift trolleys.
Packaging and labelling
- Maximum box size of approx 21 x 29 x 23 cm and no heavier than 12kg. *
- Clear labelling with large text on the tops and sides of the boxes stating:
- Box 1 of 10, 2 of 10 etc.
- Names and quantities of contents e.g. 20 Engineering, 15 IT, 25 Finance.
- The box weight or a warning if it is heavier than 12kg. *
- Covering letter/delivery note (if you are sending one) with full contents list, sent separately or attached to Box 1 and not inside one of the boxes.
* 12kg is the 'usual practice' bundle weight limit for magazines recommended by the Health & Safety Executive's Printing Industry Advisory Committee.