A workshop exploring using a coaching approach to develop the performance of your team.
- 9.30am - 4.30pm
- Red Door Coaching and Training
2018/19 courses: This course is likely to run in November and February. Course dates will be published approximately 6 to 8 weeks beforehand.
About this course
Successful managers understand and practice good coaching skills with their teams. Quality coaching conversations can be some of the most difficult to have but are essential when developing the performance of a team and individuals.
This workshop highlights the value of using good coaching skills, explores the different methods and allows plenty of opportunity to practice. As part of the session you will explore:
- the definition of coaching
- essentials required for effective coaching
- having one to one conversations and maintaining motivation
- team coaching
- links to the University strategy and the Effective Behaviours Framework, where appropriate
- further available resources that you may find useful in the Development Toolkit
Intended Learning Outcomes
By the end of the course you will be able to:
- describe a coaching approach
- identify how you can use coaching skills in your own role and in relation to leadership and management
- recognise different methods of having coaching conversations
- apply coaching skills to conversations with individuals and teams
Please note that before attending this course you will need to complete a short reflective exercise regarding personal examples of coaching, taking approximately 20 minutes.
Effective Behaviours Framework (EBF)
The Effective Behaviours Framework (EBF) has nine key behavioural areas. This course will help you to develop skills and knowledge related to the EBF behavioural groups highlighted below:
- Achieving results
- Managing self and personal skills
- Developing self and others
Please note that attending the course does not provide evidence of achieving these behaviours; you will need to demonstrate them by applying your skills and knowledge.
Who should attend
This course is relevant for:
Managers, Supervisors & Team Leaders who would benefit from using coaching conversations with individuals and teams within their roles, and who wish to increase their leadership and management of people
Book a place
Please note that we do not hold a waiting list for this course.
To book a place on a published course date email email@example.com with the following;
- course title
- your name
- any access requirements you may have.
or call ext. 6369.
We assume that if you need permission or agreement to attend this course you will have arranged this before booking.
Courses are subject to room availability. We will do our best to find rooms, but if we can't we may be forced to postpone or cancel the event.
Online learning and resources
Access online tools and support about coaching on-demand via the Development Toolkit, such as: