Dealing with change
A course for all staff looking at change from the perspective of its effect on you.
When this course runs
- Tuesday 17 October 2017
- Simon Inger, Talent Development Manager
2017/18 courses: This course is likely to run in October only.
About this course
This course is similar in content to the Dealing with change for managers and supervisors course, but looks at change from the perspective of its effect on you and also Managers’ roles in change management.
This course focuses on understanding change in the context of the University strategy. The session is based on change and people and will explore:
- the causes of change and the change curve
- the effects of change on behaviour and how change is communicated well and sometimes less well in organisations
- change and how it comes about in your area of the University
- what you might need to do to prepare for change
- how you might handle the effects of change through engaging with your manager or supervisor through regular and appropriate communication
In addition, key areas of University strategy will be outlined, and links will be made to the Effective Behaviours Framework, as well as an indication of further resources that you may find useful in the Development Toolkit and Change Toolkit.
Intended learning outcomes
By the end of this course you will be able to:
- describe how change occurs
- identify how you can best prepare yourself for managing yourself through change
- apply skills useful in change management from the position of understanding yourself and others
- manage your preparation for and handling of a change
- recall where to access other useful resources to support you
Effective Behaviours Framework
The Effective Behaviours Framework (EBF) has nine key behavioural areas. This course will help you to develop skills and knowledge related to the EBF behavioural groups highlighted below:
- Managing self and personal skills
- Embracing change
- Working together
Please note that attending the course does not provide evidence of achieving these behaviours; you will need to demonstrate them by applying your skills and knowledge.
Who should attend
This course is suitable for all staff who do not have line management responsibility.
If you are a manager or supervisor, please see the Dealing with change course for managers and supervisors.
Book a place
Please note that we do not hold a waiting list for this course.
To book a place on a published course date email email@example.com with the following;
- course title
- your name
- any access requirements you may have.
Or call ext. 6369.
We assume that if you need permission or agreement to attend this course you will have arranged this before booking.
Courses are subject to room availability. We will do our best to find rooms, but if we can't we may be forced to postpone or cancel the event.
Online learning and resources
Access online tools and support about dealing with change on-demand via the Development Toolkit, such as: