Discover Bath Residentials
Find out about our Discover Bath programme for Year 12 students, which will be delivered online in summer 2020 and is free-of-charge
What is Discover Bath?
Discover Bath aims to give prospective students a taste of first-year life and study at the University of Bath.
Ordinarily, Discover Bath includes an on-campus residential summer school, but as a result of the temporary closure of our campus following government advice related to COVID-19, we will be delivering Discover Bath 2020 online.
Discover Bath is available to all Year 12 (or equivalent) students who are academically able to study at Bath in their chosen subject.
We will be running Discover Bath in the following subject areas:
|Science||Engineering||Social Sciences||Management & Business|
|Computer Science||Electronic & Electrical Engineering||Education|
|Further information||Further information||Further information||Further information|
As part of Discover Bath you will:
- Study an online course in your Discover Bath subject area delivered by University of Bath academic staff and current students (May/August)
- Complete some pre-work assignments to gain knowledge in your subject area, and equip you with university-level study skills (May/June)
- Complete a subject-focused project/report (undertaken in July), with support provided by University of Bath staff and students (to be submitted by end of July)
- receive support to make a competitive application to study at Bath and to make a successful transition to university
- receive support on writing a personal statement, understanding the UCAS process, student finance, and much more.
There will be approximately 20 hours of online learning. You will also need to spend additional time carrying out your own research, completing pre-work and project work. Guidance will be provided by University staff and students.
On completion of Discover Bath, your project/report will be marked and if this meets the required standard and you subsequently apply to study at Bath and receive an offer you will be eligible for an alternative offer (see details below).
We are offering Discover Bath 2020 free of charge.
Applications have now closed for the majority of subjects. We still have a limited number of spaces available for Business/Management, Electrical Engineering, Health, all Languages, Robotics and Sociology. Please email the campus events team if you are interested in applying for one of these subjects, including:
- your full name
- your email address
- your School/College name and postcode
- your GCSE subjects and grades obtained
- your Current A level (or equivalent) subjects and predicted grades
- details of the Discover Bath strand you are applying for
If you complete Discover Bath, write up your work as a report which achieves a B/2:1 or above, and subsequently apply to and receive an offer from Bath you will receive an alternative offer which is typically one grade below our standard typical offer. For example, for a course with a typical offer of AAA the alternative offer would be to achieve AAB plus a B in the Discover Bath project.
In addition, students who meet our widening participation criteria and successfully complete Discover Bath will receive additional consideration of their application should they apply to study at Bath.