List of behavioural questions
Human Resources can assist you with developing further questions, advice on interview techniques or incorporating behavioural questions into your interviews.
Examples of behavioural questions include:
- Describe a time when you had to resolve a difficult problem on your own. How did you go about it?
- Tell me about a time when you felt you were unable to meet your responsibilities.
- Describe a project you worked on that required close attention to detail.
- What was the most difficult customer service situation you ever had to deal with? How did you handle the situation? Would you do anything differently if you handled a similar problem in the future? (Examples could include interacting with internal/external clients including students).
- Describe a situation where you had difficulty getting others to agree with your decisions? How did you handle it?
- Tell me about a time when a problem arose and your manager was unavailable? How did you handle the situation, and how did things turn out?
- Describe a time when you had to build a team. How did you go about building the team, and was it successful in achieving its goals?
- Give me an example of a time that you showed initiative and took the lead.
- Describe a negotiating experience that you feel was particularly successful.
- Tell me about a time when a problem was not solved the way you would have liked. How did you handle the situation?
- Tell me about a time when a project you were in charge of fell behind schedule. What did you do about it?
- Tell me about a time when you felt you had not performed to the best of your ability. What did you do about it?
- Describe a time when you had to negotiate a compromise or had to help others arrive at a compromise.
- Tell me about a time when you worked with a colleague who was not completing their share of work. What did you do?
- Tell me about a situation where you had to adjust quickly to changes over which you had no control. What strategies did use to handle the situation?
- Please describe a situation where you used your creativity or initiative to solve a problem.
- Give me an example of a high-pressure situation you have faced this past year and how you resolved it.
- Give me an example of a time when you set a goal and were able to meet or exceed it.
- Tell me about a time when you had to make an unpopular decision. How did you manage the situation?