The University of Bath and the São Paulo State Research Foundation (FAPESP) funding scheme, supporting projects that involve the exchange of researchers.
This scheme is part of a five-year Scientific Cooperation Agreement between the University of Bath and the São Paulo State Research Foundation (FAPESP). Proposals can be from any field of knowledge.
Aims of the scheme
- Encouraging and promoting the advancement of scientific research, through the exchange of researchers affiliated with institutions in the State of São Paulo with researchers from Bath
- Providing funding for the initial phase of international research collaborations, with the goal of leveraging future funding through FAPESP
There is £80,000 available per year to issue up to 8 awards of up to £10,000 each. This is joint funding which is split equally between Bath and Brazil (£5,000 will go to the Bath Researcher and £5,000 to the São Paulo State Researchers per year). As projects can be up to two years in duration the maximum total funding available is £20,000 per project.
- Proposals are open to all fields of knowledge to academic staff in the Education and Research job family
- Projects should be a minimum of one year and up to a maximum of two years in duration
- It is open to researchers affiliated to the University of Bath and HEIs / research institutions in the state of São Paulo
- Researchers must be Principal Investigators of ongoing research projects funded by FAPESP
A search engine is available to help Bath researchers find eligible partners in the State of São Paulo.
Applications are submitted to both Bath and FAPESP.
All applications follow the standard FAPESP process and require the following documents:
- Research Proposal Form
- details of the Research Project (see below)
- details of all planned exchanges
- CV Summaries of PIs and all candidates for exchanges
- budget forms using per diem rates as set by FAPESP (submitted in GBP for Bath researchers)
This should be jointly written by the Bath researcher and the Brazilian researcher (in English and Portuguese respectively). It should include the following:
- a description of planned exchange activities and their importance to the project (how the exchange will contribute to the research)
- a timeline for each exchange
- what performance indicators will be used
- what each candidate will contribute
- any planned activities (seminars / short courses) that will add to the impact of the exchange
Allow a reasonable amount of time to complete the application before the deadline as the joint nature of the application can cause delays.
The next deadlines for the latest FAPESP calls will be announced 24 April 2018 and 30 October 2018. For more information on the FAPESP scheme contact email@example.com.