Find a graduate job: job hunting by UK region
Find out about where to look for jobs based in particular regions in the UK.
Our Finding a graduate job guide provides advice about finding work in UK regions including some particular information about the local area around Bath.
You can search MyFuture (where we advertise job opportunities which are notified to us) by location. You can generate a list which also includes vacancies which have been advertised in the past. Not all employers will recruit through MyFuture but it is a starting point for identifying some graduate opportunities by region.
Duport business confidence reports detail business performance and trends in any area of the United Kingdom.
The South West
In MyFuture's you can search for vacancies by location. This is a useful starting point but not comprehensive due to the fact employers may not choose to use us or may not know about us. You should adjust the search defaults to look for both current and expired vacancies if you also want to view potential employers which are not currently advertising a job with us.
- Bath Chronicle has now become part of Somerset Live which advertises jobs in the Bath and Somerset areas.
- Bristol Post advertises jobs in the Bristol and Bath areas.
- Universal Jobmatch - government agency supporting people into work.
- Some local jobs websites:
- Check also the individual websites for vacancies at local universities:
- NHS Jobs for all hospital and health service vacancies.
- Recruitment agencies/intermediaries.
- Business West member directory. Browse A-Z by company name or search by business type. Business West covers the region comprising Bristol, Bath and North East Somerset, South Gloucestershire and North Somerset.
- Local authorities in and near Bath: these advertise their internal jobs on their websites.
- Gradsouthwest.com has a vacancy service that advertises on behalf of employers in the region. Register to access regional vacancies additional to those in MyFuture.
- Graduate Business Partnership - a project-based placement run by the University of Exeter open to all recent graduates.
- West of England Local Enterprise Partnership - consists of twelve sector groups with some listing the principal employers in the group.
Check out the websites of local University Careers Services as many have a section about job-hunting locally/regionally. Also check the city profiles on TARGETjobs.
For further ideas consult our Finding a graduate job guide. The list below highlights some particular resources for graduates moving back to other regions:
- Cambridge Network Recruit Gateway is source of jobs in and around the Cambridge UK high-tech cluster.
Given the large number of employers based in London most of the general resources listed for graduate job-hunting will be useful. Job Online which is the University of London's vacancy database is worth monitoring.
South and South East
Kent Graduate Programme is run by Kent County Council and provides temporary and permanent work for graduates in Kent.
Graduate Advantage provides graduate internships in the West Midlands.
Yorkshire and Humberside
Yorkshire Graduates works in partnership with the region's University Careers Services providing a graduate recruitment service dedicated to Yorkshire.