Find Your Way
Find Your Way is a free e-mentoring programme for Year 12 students to receive 1:1 support in exploring their options and making decisions about university.
What is Find Your Way?
Find Your Way is a free, online e-mentoring programme which gives you the chance to receive personalised 1:1 support as you make important decisions about your plans for when you leave school or college.
Find Your Way is a six-week program, and you can choose to start the programme at any point from 22 June until mid-July. You will spend around 1 hour per week exploring resources and chatting to your mentor, which you can do whenever and wherever suits you from a phone, tablet or laptop.
As a Find Your Way student you will:
- select a mentor currently studying at the University of Bath, based on your subject choices and interests
- have weekly 1:1 direct messaging chats through a secure platform during a 6-week programme of personal development
- spend time reflecting on your strengths, passions and motivations to inform your decision-making about your future education
- be guided through the process of researching different courses and progression routes, with 1:1 personalised support throughout
- gain information and knowledge from someone who has successfully navigated the transition to university, giving you a real insight into student life
- receive support to make a competitive application to study at university, including preparation for writing a personal statement, understanding the UCAS process and student finance
Who can apply?
Find Your Way is aimed at academically-able Year 12 students who are considering applying to study at university.
To be considered for a place you will need to:
- have obtained at least six GCSEs at grades A* to B or 9 to 6, and at least a grade C or 4 in GCSE English and Mathematics
- meet one or more of our widening participation criteria
If you are not eligible to apply for Find Your Way you can apply for our Step into Bath programme.
Parents and Carers
We offer additional support to parents and carers of all students on our Find Your Way programme. We will give parents an introduction and insight into university processes as well as prompts to support discussion with your child as they progress through the programme, including:
- how to apply to university
- student finance – the myths and realities
- how your child can find universities and courses
- how you can support your child with their decision-making
How to apply
You will need to apply online before the application deadline of 17 July 2020. When applying you will need to:
- provide details of your current qualifications (e.g A Levels or BTEC Level 3 Extended Diploma) and previous qualifications (e.g GCSEs)
- briefly tell us why you’d like to work with an e-mentor
- provide contact details for your parents/carers
Access to online learning
The University of Bath is leading the Digital Divide project, addressing the challenge of not only providing content that gives young people the best chance of success but also ensuring they have the means to access it.
Please contact us if you anticipate any challenges applying for or accessing this programme online and we will do our best to support you.