Getting guest tickets for your graduation award ceremony
How and when to apply for guest tickets for your family and friends.
Bringing guests to your ceremony
Ceremony invitations will be sent out by email in early April for our summer ceremonies, and early October for our winter ceremonies.
If you respond to your ceremony invitation by our deadline we guarantee up to two guest tickets for family and friends to come to your graduation ceremony. Tickets are not guaranteed to those who respond after our deadline.
Guaranteed ticket numbers are restricted to two per student as the venue is limited in size and we must be fair to all the students who will be graduating with you.
Getting guest tickets
You will be able to request up to two guest tickets when you register to attend your ceremony. You will be guaranteed these tickets as long as you complete the invitation to ceremony webform by the deadline stated on the invitation email.
The guest tickets will be available to collect when you register in the Bath Assembly Rooms on the day of your ceremony.
Telling us if your guests’ plans change
It is important to tell us if one or more of your guests can no longer attend, so we can give tickets that are no longer required to other people.
Accessibility or other arrangements for guests
You must tell us if your guests have specific requirements when you register for your ceremony online.
Telling us in advance helps us to understand and plan for any additional requirements.
If you have told us about a guest with specific requirements, the ushers will have this information and be able to help you on the day.
Read more about the accessibility of the Bath Assembly Rooms.
Getting extra guest tickets
When registering for your ceremony you will be asked if you would like up to 2 extra guest tickets. You can update your choice until the deadline.
You will receive an email confirming your request.
You do not need to do anything else and we are not able to respond to enquiries relating to ticket requests. Total guest ticket allocation emails will be sent out on 1 November for the Winter Ceremonies, no extra tickets will be available after this date, unless they become available on the day.
How we allocate extra tickets
- We allocate extra guest tickets randomly and impartially to students who requested extra tickets, through the webform, before the deadline closed
- All extra tickets will be allocated following the webform closing.
- There is the possibility that a small number of tickets may be available on the day, but these are not guaranteed.
- You may be keen to tell us the reasons why you are hoping to bring extra guests. However, to ensure the process is as fair as possible for everyone requesting extra tickets, we don't take these into account when we are allocating them.
Before the day of your ceremony there is no further way for you to request to bring extra guests.
Get in touch with us
- request an 'invitation letter'
- notify us of any additional accessibility requirements
- let us know if you are no longer attending your ceremony after the webform has closed
You can also use the form to link to additional information about certificates, tickets, gown hire and photography.