How to use EndNote Online: Library Guide Part 1
This page provides links to various guides helping you to use the Endnote Online reference management software.
Important advice for using Endnote Online
Please check carefully your citations and references when you import them into your work. Some references might need to be amended manually.
To do this, click the relevant reference within EndNote Online and then click on the relevant information that requires amending. After editing the reference, click Save. You might need to exit both EndNote Online and Word before reopening Word to import the reference.
General Guides about Endnote Online
- Endnote Online Basic Guide
- EndNote Online: full guide - provided by Computing Services
- How to use the EndNote Online capture tool: creating references to websites
- How to collaborate with others using EndNote - please do not share attachments from your EndNote Library (as this may not be permitted by the publisher)
- EndNote Online: help section
Subject specific guides for Endnote Online
- Using EndNote Online: for Chemical Engineering
- Using EndNote Online: for Chemistry students
- Using EndNote Online: for Health students - how to transfer references from Web of Science & PubMed, and "cite while you write"
- Using EndNote Online: for Management
- Using EndNote Online: for Mechanical Engineers
- Using EndNote Online: for Pharmacy & Pharmacology students
- Using EndNote Online: for Social & Policy Sciences students - how to transfer references from IBSS and "cite while you write"
Advice for downloading references from specific databases
To transfer references from databases not covered in the guides above, please refer to how to use EndNote Online guide part 2