Skip to main content

International travel and quarantine

Guidelines and support if you travel abroad, or travel to Bath from another country. Updated 9 August 2021.

Travel to another country from the UK

If you travel abroad, then you must follow the Government’s guidance for travelling abroad during the coronavirus pandemic.

The UK Government has rated countries as red, amber or green for COVID-19. These are subject to change so please sign up for travel advice email alerts for your destination. Each rating has different requirements that you must observe.

From 4am on Monday 4 October the rules will change; read about the changes.

Travel to Bath from another country

If your permanent home residence is overseas, the University will help cover the quarantine-related costs if you are returning to Bath for another year of undergraduate or taught postgraduate studies for the start of the 2021-22 academic year. From Saturday 28 August, if you are returning from red, amber and green list countries where quarantining and testing is required, read full details of our quarantine arrangements and the booking process.

We are unable to cover the cost for any quarantine and test package costs for your partner or family, who may be travelling with you.

If you leave the UK during the 2021-22 academic year, you may have to quarantine or take tests again when you return. The University will not be able to support you for any additional periods of quarantine. If you are currently living in the UK you are encouraged to use the summer accommodation on campus, rather than returning to a country that may mean you need to quarantine on your return.

This support is in line with current UK quarantine guidance, which could change. Please check the current travel guidelines and status of your country before you travel.

As with all impacts from the pandemic, if this means you will suffer financially you can apply to the Hardship Fund for support.