Learn Arabic with the Skills Centre if you are University of Bath student
Find out about our courses and how to enrol on the right one for you.
We offer two levels in Arabic in semester 2, Post Beginner and Lower Intermediate Part 2.
We teach Modern Standard Arabic in both courses, but some references are made to the differences between Arab dialects. If you are interested in the colloquial language spoken in Syria, Lebanon, Palestine and Israel, come and join one of our Arabic courses where emphasis is placed on the learner’s ability to speak and listen.
This level is suitable for those who have completed the Complete Beginner course with us.
Or if you can:
- give directions and instructions
- use various forms of greetings
- introduce yourself and talk about where you live
- ask what people do for a living
- describe objects
- order things politely
Lower Intermediate Part 2
Enrol on this course if you:
- have some previous knowledge of Arabic (completed the Lower Intermediate Part 1 with us and/or have a GCSE or similar qualification).
Or if you can:
- say what your favourite colour is
- order food and drink at a restaurant and ask about prices
- express likes and dislikes
- use the addition structure in Arabic correctly
- describe and ask questions about the past (in the past tense)
The Spring Term will start on 3 February 2020. Enrolments for University of Bath students will open on 20 January. To enrol yourself on the course of your choice, please click on the link below.
Independent Language Learning
University students can access independent language learning resources including films, books, and online resources to help you build your knowledge and language skills from the Language Learning Zone.