The Library Lists reading list management system helps staff and students find and manage lists of recommended course readings in both print and online formats.
What are Library Lists?
Library Lists is the name for our new central reading list management system. It is integrated with Moodle and linked to the Library catalogue, giving students instant information on availability of recommended reading in both print and online formats. It will also help Library staff to ensure that all recommended reading is available to students.
Why use Library Lists?
Library staff believe that Library Lists will have the following advantages:
- students can easily gain an overview of recommended books for their unit
- it has a real-time link to the library catalogue for availability of print books
- it will link to online books, journal articles and other resources
- it can be linked into Moodle
- it will help to manage scanned book chapters and articles obtained under the CLA licence
- in the longer term, it will help to streamline the library's book ordering processes