What are Library Lists?
Library Lists is the name for our new central reading list management system. It is integrated with Moodle and linked to the Library catalogue, giving students instant information on availability of recommended reading in both print and online formats. It will also help Library staff to ensure that all recommended reading is available to students.
Why use Library Lists?
Library staff believe that Library Lists will have the following advantages:
- students can easily gain an overview of recommended books for their unit
- it has a real-time link to the library catalogue for availability of print books
- it will link to online books, journal articles and other resources
- it can be linked into Moodle
- it will help to manage scanned book chapters and articles obtained under the CLA licence
- in the longer term, it will help to streamline the library's book ordering processes
- For students: Access Library lists for recommended reading - use the magnifying glass to search for your unit code or title
- For teaching staff: Access and edit your reading lists with our Library Lists: Getting Started guide
For teaching staff: Check out our Advanced guide to learn more about using Library Lists, including:
adding journal articles
using the CiteIt! widget to add online materials
linking to sections of your list from your Moodle unit using the LTI tool
For help, contact your Subject Librarian