List of Careers Service publications
This page lists all the helpsheets and guides produced by the Careers Service.
The Careers Service publishes four booklets every year. You can pick up hard copies from our information room or our display in the library.
We also produce helpsheets on a variety of topics.
- Alternative careers in science
- Career planning timeline for postgraduate researcher students
- Careers for modern linguists
- Careers for those studying economics
- Careers in biosciences and pharmaceuticals
- Careers in international development, organisations and relations
- Careers in medicine, dentistry and allied health
- Careers in mental health
- Careers in politics, including working in Westminster and Europe
- Careers in scientific analysis and R&D
- Careers in social policy, social sciences and sociology: careers helpsheet
- Careers in sport
- Careers in the charity and not-for-profit sector
- How to apply for a PhD
- How to get a postdoc
- Job offers and contracts
- Maximise your chances of success, a guide for international students
- Tips for the Fair
- UK job search and recruitment, a guide for international students
- What research staff can expect from a careers appointment and how to prepare
- What to expect from a guidance appointment and how to prepare
- Workplace culture and etiquette, a guide for students
Directory of charities, volunteering and gap year opportunities
We produce a directory of organisations which offer vacation and gap year opportunities in the UK and abroad.
Careers resource catalogue
We maintain a resource catalogue listing a variety of our own in-house and third party resources to help you with your career planning.
We produce several resources to help staff support students and researchers with their career planning.
If you require any of our publications in an alternative format get in touch.