Managing people and teams
A two-day course for line managers to further develop your understanding of management and leadership techniques and to consider their practical application.
When this course runs
Date(s) and time:
You will be required to attend both dates listed above as this is a two day course.
To book/cancel your place once a course date has been arranged - please see the instructions below for using Employee Self Service (ESS).
Presenter: Lisa Hegan, HRd Bristol
2018/19 courses: This course is likely to run in October and March. Course dates will be published approximately 6 to 8 weeks beforehand.
About this course
This two-day course is designed for managers who have responsibility for planning and evaluating the work of others and the management of team members performance.
A range of essential management topics and skills are covered including developing teams, giving feedback, managing performance, recognising conflict, effective communication.
This course further develops your understanding of the role of line manager, in addition to the Nuts & Bolts of Managing People.
Intended learning outcomes
By the end of this two-day programme you will be able to:
- describe your role, responsibilities and preferred leadership style
- explore the stages of team development and appropriate strategies to manage them.
- recognise the importance of consistent and effective feedback to plan, manage and monitor performance.
- define unconscious bias and the potential impact on equality, diversity, communication.
- be familiar with various strategies and methods used to manage and prevent conflicts.
- reflect on effective methods of communication to both teams and individuals.
- plan, monitor and evaluate how to delegate to team members, and plan ahead for the monitoring and evaluation of delegated tasks.
Before attending this course you will need to complete the pre-work, which will take approximately 1-2 hours for each of the course days.
To download the pre-work log-in and self-enrol on the Moodle course called 'Pre-work for Workforce Development (Staff Development) programmes and courses'.
The pre-work for each course day will be available on Moodle approximately 1 week before the course day.
Effective Behaviours Framework (EBF)
The Effective Behaviours Framework (EBF) has nine key behavioural areas. This course will help you to develop skills and knowledge related to the EBF behavioural groups highlighted below:
- Achieving results
- Embracing change
- Developing self and others
Please note that attending the course does not provide evidence of achieving these behaviours; you will need to demonstrate them by applying your skills and knowledge.
Who should attend this course
This course is suitable for:
- Managers who have responsibility for planning and evaluating the work of others and the management of team members performance.
To enable discussions during the course to be valuable to all participants we try to ensure a mix of teams attend - we therefore ask that a max. of 2 people per team attend any one course. Please contact email@example.com to discuss your requirements and options if you require more spaces.
Book or cancel your place using ESS
Discussing your learning and development with your line manager
We assume that if you need permission or agreement to attend this course you will have arranged this before booking, and have also jointly discussed the following with your line manager to ensure that the training is suitable and your learning can be transferred back to the workplace:
- how this training will help to deliver your individual/team goals
- the expected outcomes (i.e. what is expected to change/improve as a result)
- any support required post-course to enable you to transfer your learning back to the workplace
Book a place
Once a course date has been arranged you can book your place using Employee Self-Service (ESS). You must book a place to be able attend.
Please note that we do not hold a waiting list for this course.
Cancel your place
You can cancel your place using Employee Self-Service (ESS).
Please cancel your place as early as possible, and at least 3 days in advance, to allow others to book instead.
Online learning and resources
Access online tools and support about effective communication on-demand via the Development Toolkit, such as: