When the course runs
- Tuesday 7 November 2017
- Friday 12 January 2018
- Friday 27 April 2018
- Tuesday 26 June 2018
To book/cancel your place - please see the instructions below for using Employee Self Service (ESS)
Presenters: Abi Lyons, HR Business Partner and Penny Keenan, Deputy HR Manager (ahs)
2017/18 courses: This course is likely to run in November, January, March and June. Course dates will be published approximately 6 to 8 weeks beforehand.
About this course
This course, for line managers and supervisors, aims to equip you with the skills and knowledge to proactively manage the disciplinary process including:
- emphasising the coaching approach to enable informal resolution
- focussing on the processes available to help manage the formal element of the policy where people are not fully meeting expectations in terms of work performance
Intended learning outcomes
By the end of this course you will be able to:
- provide a supportive coaching style of management and set a positive example of how to behave in the work place
- outline how the Disciplinary Policy can support you to get the best out of those you manage
- correctly implement the Disciplinary Policy process and procedures
- describe the correct course of action under the process and be competent to undertake all of the steps applicable to your role
- explain the full end to end process including stages and outcome decision
- identify how the effective behaviour framework reflects in the process
Please note that before attending this course you will need to read the Disciplinary Policy, taking approximately 30 minutes.
Effective Behaviours Framework (EBF)
The Effective Behaviours Framework (EBF) has nine key behavioural areas. This course will help you to develop skills and knowledge related to the EBF behavioural groups highlighted below:
- Managing self and personal skills
- Finding solutions
- Developing self and others
Please note that attending the course does not provide evidence of achieving these behaviours; you will need to demonstrate them by applying your skills and knowledge.
Who should attend
This course is suitable for those who line manage or supervise others.
Book/cancel your place using ESS
Discussing your learning and development with your line manager
We assume that if you need permission or agreement to attend this course you will have arranged this before booking, and have also jointly discussed the following with your line manager to ensure that the training is suitable and your learning can be transferred back to the workplace:
- how this training will help to deliver your individual/team goals
- the expected outcomes (i.e. what is expected to change/improve as a result)
- any support required post-course to enable you to transfer your learning back to the workplace
Book a place
You must book a place in advance to attend this course – you can book your place using Employee Self-Service (ESS).
Please note that we do not hold a waiting list for this course.
Cancel your place
You can cancel your place using Employee Self-Service (ESS).
Please cancel your place as early as possible, and at least 3 days in advance, to allow others to book instead.
Online learning and resources
Access online tools and support about managing the disciplinary process on-demand via the Development Toolkit, such as: