Nominate for Women Global Chair Scheme 2019/20
The International Relations Office invites nominations for Women Global Chair visiting professorships for the 2019/20 academic year.
About the Scheme
The Women Global Chair Scheme 2019/20: Celebrating Women in Academia aims to attract distinguished international visiting professors to enrich the celebration of women academics across all disciplines. The Global Chairs will engage in high-profile research and networking activities while at Bath, and support the University in developing long-term institutional partnerships.
Award criteria for nominations
The nominee must be:
- a woman academic with an outstanding international research profile in any discipline that fits with or compliments the University’s research strengths
- able to make a significant contribution to the host department and bring benefit to the University as a whole
Award and affiliation
This visiting appointment is for a period of one year, from September 2019 to August 2020. The expected contribution would be the equivalent of one day a week over a year, which can be made in a variety of ways.
The University will contribute funds towards:
- international travel to and from Bath
- accommodation and living expenses in Bath
Award holders are expected to engage in the following activities:
- delivery or engagement in specialist seminars and discussions with Bath colleagues
- mentoring and interaction with students through master classes, career support, or meetings with doctoral students
- public engagement, including a public lecture or other events that cross over into the wider University community, and media contributions
- developing international networks at Bath
- alumni engagement
|Monday 25 February 2019||Deadline for submission to HoD for comment|
|Monday 4 March 2019||Deadline for submission to Dean for comment|
|Monday 11 March 2019||Deadline for submission to the International Relations Office|
|w/c 1 April 2019||Results announced|
How to submit your nomination
Nominations should be submitted to the Head of Department or Head of Division (HoD) by Monday, 25 February 2019. The HoD will forward the nomination to the Dean.
Completed nomination forms should be submitted directly by the Dean to the International Relations Office no later than Monday, 11 March 2019.
The nomination must include:
- a completed nomination form
- a full CV of the nominated candidate