Pathway to HEA Fellowship for Experienced Staff
You can apply for HEA Fellowship in one of three categories depending on your role, amount of experience and the range of your teaching, supervision and learning support activities:
- Associate Fellow (AFHEA)
- Fellow (FHEA)
- Senior Fellow (SFHEA)
Principal Fellow (PFHEA) is currently not included in the Pathways to Fellowship for experienced staff programme. You can apply for PFHEA via an individual entry route to Advance HE . For further details and support, please contact Dr Clare Power, PFHEA.
Which category of HEA Fellowship is right for me?
To find out if you are eligible to follow this Pathway, and to assist you in selecting the category of Fellowship that best matches your current practice, you should:
- Review our pen portraits to give you an idea of the experience and development that is required
- Read more about the Pathway to HEA Fellowship for experienced staff
- Use the Fellowship Category tool
- Contact your Bath HEA Fellowship Champion
What are the benefits of achieving HEA Fellowship?
Achieving HEA Fellowship gives you:
Once registered there are a number of support mechanisms in place to help you work towards Fellowship.
If you are an experienced member of staff and have gained Fellowship, you may wish to support colleagues undertaking this Pathway. Opportunities to get involved include:
- becoming an assessor - please complete the expression of interest form and return it to the Academic Staff Development Administrator;
- write an advocate statement for colleagues We have created guidance notes and a template for staff who have been asked to write an advocate statement for colleagues undertaking this Pathway.