Presentations skills course
Develop your presentation skills in this short live online course.
Semester 2 course
Giving presentations is a vital skill that you will need in your studies and in your future work.
We are running a short course in April which will help you to plan, practise and increase your confidence in delivering presentations, whether face-to-face, online or in a group.
You will learn the skills that make effective presenters and presentations. You will also have the opportunity to record and receive constructive feedback and advice on a short presentation.
The course will take place on the following dates:
- Session 1: Thursday 15 April, 12:15-13:05 LOIL
- Session 2: Thursday 22 April, 12:15-13:05 LOIL
- Session 3: Thursday 29 April, 12:15-13:05 LOIL
You can book the course on MySkills.
Presentations skills module
We have also developed a short, interactive Presentation Skills module to help you to deliver effective presentations.
The course runs through:
- the three key stages of a presentation
- the features of an effective presentation and and effective presenter
- how to structure a presentation
- how to organise presentation materials, and
- guidance on giving a group presentation and presenting online.
Find out students' experiences and tips on assessed presentations in this Academic Skills blog: